We had Tavian's one year checkup yesterday.
| Tavian with Doctor Kesler..the most amazing Doctor ever! I have been meaning to take this picture since the day Tavian was born...so I guess better late then never! :) |
He is in the 95% for height at 31 inches!
He is in the 33% for weight at 21lbs 10oz. I am a bit discouraged by this because he has lost a little weight since 9 months and he hasn't been eating well for weeks But, I know he is still healthy and I'll just continue to monitor things.
On that same note, I would just like to say that I officially made it past 1 year and am still breastfeeding! When I look back I can't tell you how surprised I am that I actually made it. There were many moments when I just knew it wouldn't happen. But here I am!!! I am so proud of myself and so proud of Tavian. I owe a lot to Cole for all the help he provided over the last year and a lot of thanks to everyone else who lended encouragment and support. It was worth every ounce of hard work!!!! I don't know how much longer we'll make it or how much longer Tavian will be interested in nursing, but no matter what I have already reached my goal...what more could I ask for?? :)
| Tavian with Lynel, our lactation consultant. I can tell you 100% certainty that I wouldn't have even come close to reachign my goal without her help. She is awesome! |
No comments:
Post a Comment