Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Half Way There

I will be 21 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  Holy moly, where did the time go?

Last week we had our first ultrasound.  It was so surreal to actually see the baby.  Things are so crazy around here that it is sometimes easy to forget about the little one growing inside me.  But, there before my eyes was all the proof I needed!  There is nothing like seeing your beautiful baby for the first time.  We decided not to find out the sex this time around, so we our still waiting on the big surprise!

The good news is that the baby is healthy and doing well!  Just like the last pregnancy, my placenta is on top.  It is "normally" on the bottom, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing that it is on top.  It kind of serves as a padding between me and the baby, which just means it takes a little longer for me to feel the baby moving.  I have been feeling the baby since about 16 weeks, but not very often, and not very strongly.  And now I know why :)  There is also some good news and bad news.  The bad news is that once again my fibroid is there and it has grown as big as it did the last time (size of a fist), but the good news is that this time around I haven't had any side effects from it.  Hopefully that will continue to be the case.  Another good thing that comes from it is that I will get to have another ultrasound at 30 weeks so we can monitor the fibroid.  I'm just excited to get to see my little one again!  Especially because last week the baby was not being very photogenic.  I don't really have any pictures to put up because the baby just wasn't cooperating.  Little peanut just burried their face into my back and put up their hands.  Silly, stubborn baby! :)

I can't believe that the pregnancy is half way over.  This has been such an easy pregnancy compared to last time.  I am loving food and everything tastes delicious.  I don't really have any nausea, and my heartburn has only just started to kick in (I am only slightly feeling it, and it beats dealing with it all day every day since 12 weeks the last time!)  The only issue is exhaustion.  I keep asking my Doctor if it is normal to be this tired, but he keeps reminding me that I'm pregnant while also taking care of a toddler.  The exhaustion can really be discouraging sometimes because it is difficult to get things done, but luckily I have a wonderful husband who tries anytime he can to give me a break.  The scary part is that although I know i am tired now, I am only going to be 1,000 times more tired once the baby actually arrives!  Oh man!  It is a little daunting, but I know I'll be able to do it :)

I am trying to just reallly enjoy and embrace all of my time with Tavian.  It is crazy how life changes so quickly.  This is this small moment in time when it will just be me and Tavey during the days.  I will never even get to experience this with any of my other children.  I love this special time.  We get to have so much special, uniterrupted time together.  Although I know it will be wonderful in plenty of different ways once the next baby gets here, I also know there is something unique about this time in my life so I want to embrace it whole heartedly!!!

I promise to post a picture of this growing belly sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment