Tomorrow I turn 30...say what?? Yikes Mgikes!
Not quite sure how that happened, especially since I sill consider myself 24, but somehow tomorrow is the big day.
I knew I wanted to do something fun to celebrate my 30th but it is much harder to come up with fun ideas while pregnant and immobile. So, having spent a lot of time brainstorming, and of course coming up with plenty of ideas for if I could drink or could move my body, I figured I would share some of these gems with all of you in case any of you were feeling stumped.
In no particular order:
*Tubing down the river with friends (pick a safe area, bask in the sun, and bring some beers!)
*Go camping with friends, eat delicious food, bring corn hole, and reminisce by the campfire
*Go to the piano bar in Denver
*Rent a house nearby with a few of your favorite people
*Rent out a swimming pool at night time and pretend to be kids again
*Karaoke bar is always a fun time
*Walk around downtown with a definite stop at The Rio for some yummy margs
*Hike Horsetooth...maybe even make it to the top for the sunrise
*Paddle Boarding at Horsetooth and having a bbq afterwards at the lake
*Rent a boat and spend the day on the lake tubing, cliff jumping, and loving life
*Go country line dancing at the Sundance and dance the night away
*My Handlebars in Fort Collins. You bicycle around on a car drinking and eating and listening to music with friends and you make stops at different breweries along the way. Look it up...it's definitely on the bucket list! (This is actually part of what I wanted to do to celebrate but they were all booked up for the time we needed)
Well, since I can't drink and I can't really move my body, the choices get pretty limited. But, with a little creativity and lot of chatting with Cole and my sister Andrea, I think we came up with something pretty fun. Saturday night should be wonderful, mainly because I will get to spend it with some of my closest friends and family. So, what are we doing?!?
You'll have to wait and find out :)
(And before I hear it from someone else, yes, I know you don't have to drink to have fun. But it definitely doesn't hurt! lol. Seriously though, I get out so rarely and have a yummy cocktail with friends that it definitely adds some pizzazz to a special, fun occasion!)

No comments:
Post a Comment